
We went to see Santa! This is the first year that Raimie has really gotten into the Christmas spirit and we are having SO much fun with her! It is important to us that she understands the true meaning of Christmas and also gets to experience the magical part of Santa Claus. Last year I found an awesome book at The Family Christian bookstore called
The Legend of St. Nicholas-A Story of Christmas Giving by Dandi Daley Mackall. It does an excellent job of telling the story of how St. Nicholas started giving unexpected presents to the less fortunate to honor the God who gave the world the greatest gift ever given. So Raimie was so excited to meet the man who does this! She was so excited and I honestly thought she would become shy and maybe refuse to sit in his lap. Boy, was I wrong! When it was finally her turn she ran straight into his arms and gave him a BIG HUG!! He thought she was precious (of course!) She was also very proud for him to meet her little sister. After all was said and done we saw two of Santa's reindeer and we were headed to lunch. As we are pulling away, she throws her arms up, in true Raimie fashion and says, "Oh, Oh, Oh...I forgot to tell him something". We assured her that we could send him a letter and that pleased her! She said, well maybe we can call him or email him. Wow! I don't consider myself old, but the email comment threw me off. Does Santa have email now?